1. So the other day I was all, hey, I've always wanted to try goat's milk ice cream! I hear that it is tasty! And Twings was like, I've been craving strawberry ice cream lately, why don't we get some? So we did. And we brought it home. And then there was this suspicious brown layer in it that smelled vinegary, and, yes, as it turns out we accidentally bought "Strawberry Darling: Swirls of Balsamico with Strawberries in Sweet Cream
." And I'm pretty open to foodieness, but, just, no. Balsamic vinegar is not
supposed be mixed with guar gum and turned into a sticky caramel-like swirl in strawberry ice cream. I tasted it because I wasn't going to be like, no never! And, yes, it tasted like strawberries and balsamic vinegar, but in entirely the wrong proportions -- way too much vinegar, ugh, not at all like the way people sometimes serve strawberries to intensify the strawberry flavor. In short, LaLoo's strawberry goat's milk ice cream? Not recommended.
2. I have uploaded cards for kink_bingo
, we finished and posted the kink_wiki
yesterday and I've got to let it go, I've just got a few tags left to rename or merge or split, we're not posting anything today, and I am taking the day off
. I am going to read some fic and eat bonbons. I have been like 1000 words into leupagus
's Only Good For Legends
Star Trek AOS AU for two weeks now, and I'm darn well going to finish it. And I'm going to read some remixes, too. And maybe order brownies for delivery or something. Anyway, there is fic in my future, and I plan to enjoy it.
Also there is Avatar: the Last Airbender, which I am kind of mainlining.
3. Yesterday there was briefly a toft
! Which was nice! But she was just passing through. We did watch two episodes of Mythbusters, though.
4. And nonetheless she handily helped me replace my laptop keyboard hurrah. It took two tries to get the keyboard in right, but now ... whoah! It's all new and shiny! And it has a page up key! Also I was very happy to have toft
help, because the tiny tiny screws and the tiny tiny screwdriver and the tiny tiny connections are so not within my skills.
5. I am cranky at having to pace my life around my joints. Like, today I went out to buy groceries to make dinner, and because I walked too much yesterday that is the limit of my up for today, so I can't make
said dinner. Even though I got stuff to make vegetarian pasta sauce and now I really want some.
6. Also I am sick of negative-pressure doors (the kind intended to keep the air conditioning in) when they don't have buttons to open them. I had to struggle out of the coffee shop today with a "pass the cane to the other hand, dangle it from wrist strap because also carrying groceries and coffee, hip-check the bar to open the latch, shoulder-bump the door to break the negative pressure, catch the closing door on the shoulder and lean full weight into it" maneuver. Which is too much maneuver for me. *cranky*
7. Also some jerk was like "hurry the fuck up, bitch" at me when I was crossing the street. OH MAN SORRY TO BE IN YOUR CAR'S WAY, DUDE! I mean, god forbid you wait ten more seconds to make a right hand turn! I know waiting for a lady with a cane is like the worst thing that has ever happened to you! Hey, wait a minute, do I maybe have the right of way here? OH YES I DO.